Monday April 13
- By: Committee for Immigration Reform Implementation
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Community navigators (or promotores) are volunteers who receive specialized training to provide quality immigration services for their communities in an empowering and effective way. The Committee for Immigration Reform Implementation (CIRI) has developed a curriculum for organizations to use to train navigators who will be engaged in outreach, organizing, screening, document preparation, and/or application assistance related to administrative relief implementation. The training has been fully vetted by the CIRI subcommittee on regional coordination, as well as the CIRI steering committee. We will introduce the model and discuss how it can be adapted for various contexts and demographics.
- Tara Raghuveer, National Partnership for New Americans (Moderator)
- Larry Kleinman, CIRI
- Courtney Tudi, World Relief
- Frances Valdez, United We Dream
- Adrienne Dervartanian, Farmworker Justice
- Susan Schreiber, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Jack Holmgren, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
Please register here to join us.